A few weeks ago I received a gift pack with a variety of Eat-Smart Bar, Nogii Protein Bar, Nogii Super Protein Bar and NOW Energy Bar, as well as a “Powered by Soy Protein” Traveler Exercise Kit. Initially I thought, hmmm gluten free bars I hope they taste good because hey I’ve had a few and they weren’t that great.
The Eat Smart Chocolate Peanut Caramel Crunch bar I gave to Bruce Leroy to try. It wasn’t gluten free AND it has caramel and I’m allergic to caramel.. YES A TRAVESTY!! lol – Bruce Leroy’s thought on the protein bar after a hard practice - Not bad taste.. almost like a candy bar.. had a little after taste but went away when I drank my chocolate milk.
The other 3 bars.. I tried myself and my thoughts are below:
NOW Cranberry Peanut & Almond Bar – Not bad.. I ate this for breakfast one morning on the go as I was running late. It reminded me of a granola bar, it was chewy, didn’t get stuck in my teeth and it didn’t leave an aftertaste. This is a HUGE PLUS for me because most protein bars do this so I would definitely try this one again and other flavors.
The NOGI Cocoa Brownie & Super Protein Bar in Rocky Road – I tried both of these after a Physical Therapy Session (different days). I didn’t like either.. and I’m thinking it was because of the flavors. If I had to choose one of the two I would go with the cocoa brownie I at least finished it. .. it was OK but I wouldn’t purchase on my own. The super protein bar just wasn’t for my palate at all. After my first bite I didn’t even finish it.. I spit it out and well that’s that.
Some Key Information about Soy Protein:
• Soy protein is a high‐quality, plant‐based protein derived from soybeans
• Soy protein preserves lean body mass, promotes fat loss, and boosts satiety during weight loss
• A blend of proteins – soy, whey and casein, prolongs muscle building after exercise and increases recovery compared to whey alone
• Soy protein promotes muscle growth and development
• Soy protein is equivalent to whey protein for building muscle when consumed as part of a resistance training program
• Soy protein has the ability to displace fat and sugar calories
You can check out the links below for more info:
- Eat-Smart: http://bit.ly/pT9Huv
- Now Energy Bars: http://bit.ly/nOPGtA
- Nogii Nutrition Bars - http://bit.ly/heaKNV
Would you like the opportunity to try these bars?? Leave a comment on this post by 5pm EST on Wednesday, December 11th. I’ll do a random generator and draw the winner on Thursday, December 12th!
Disclaimer: The products, information and two gift packs have been provided by DuPont Nutrition and Health