Hey Fit Family Loungers!
I hope you all had an amazing holiday with your family & friends. I had an awesome holiday and it felt great to just BE with the family and BE present!
I had an awesome holiday and got gifted a LOT of cool goodies.. This year my family truly outdid themselves when they purchased me gifts. I was the proudest mom ever when Lil Debbie gave me a “MOM” t-shirt from her University.. My mom got me a new ipod nano and the inscription brought me to tears.. Mister got tired of me talking about the iPad mini and he got it for me..and Bruce Leroy & Princess J gave me “running gear”. I’m flattered by the sizing.. Size L.. and I’m currently an XL so you know when they suggested I take it back and get “my size” I said NO.. I will wear this for my races in April so this is my GOAL GEAR!!!
So with all that said, I’ve had some time to reflect and what I want to achieve in 2013. For those that don’t know I’m a ’73 Baby so that means I’m turning 40 this year.. I AM CELEBRATING the entire year!!! A lot of my celebrations are fitness related.. boy how things have changed with a decade.. My 30th birthday I celebrated with a huge fish fry and several people laid out on my floor & couch for the weekend.. but I digress!
I’m going to share my Fitness/Health goals with you.
- Run 3 Half Marathons with a goal time of 2:30 or better – I am currently registered for the following races: Nike Women’s Half Marathon (4/28), Zooma Annapolis Half Marathon (6/1), Divas DC Half Marathon (9/14).
- Outstanding Instructor rating for Jazzercise – annual evaluations have to be completed by June 30th. I love teaching and I am continuing to work to maintain this rating. It means a lot to me!
- Drop Cholesterol levels below 200 – I am THIS (13 pts) close!!! My doc is so proud of me.. It’s hard to do this without medication when it is hereditary but I am DETERMINED.. and It will happen this year!
- Lose 25lbs by May 25 – My born day.. My 40th Birthday.. this is VERY doable.. That’s 5lbs per month.. LET’S GO!
- Eat Clean in 2013 – this is probably the easiest YET hardest thing for me to do.. but I WILL make better choices and to help me out I’ve joined a challenge over at Healthy Heddleston